We are updating the Postgraduate page of the blog news.harts.online and if you have completed your RD1 progression stage we would like you to submit your personal research profile. Current PGRs who have already progressed through RD1 and/or RD2 stages who have not yet uploaded a profile are urged to action this as a priority.
The aims are:
- to enable you to find colleagues who are perhaps based on a different department but with who you may have common interests;
- to demonstrate the richness of the research that we do to the outside world and prospective applicants and employers.
Submission is via a protected online form and requested details include:
- Title of Research
- Abstract (max 500 words)
- Excerpt (a single summarising paragraph drawn from the abstract)
- Research Keywords
- Project/practice URLs and relevant Web links
- A personal photo or image relevant to your research (800px wide, 72dpi, ideally portrait format)
Additional details requested mainly for admin use (some of this information may also feature) includes a contact email; information on the type of research (e.g. PhD, MA by Research); and date started etc.
We’d particularly like you to consider your chosen ‘Research Keywords’ carefully following the ‘Selecting Research Keywords’ guidelines below. The more keywords are shared, the greater the overlap between individual research projects will become evident.
If you have any issues with what to write then contact your DoS or Myna Trustram, Research Degrees Associate – M.Trustram@mmu.ac.uk.
If you have any issues with the online submission form then contact Lewis Sykes, HARTS Online Coordinator – L.Sykes@mmu.ac.uk.
Submitted details won’t go live immediately. Lewis will create a ‘Profile’ for you within a few days of upload and then advise you once its live – please check you’re happy with the content as displayed.
If you haven’t yet supplied a photo, external links or keywords or if you’d like to amend an existing profile then contact Lewis via the site ‘Contact’ page or via the email above.